"I don’t give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Google

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Raw Story | White House responds to request for info on Gonzales testimony

The Raw Story | White House responds to request for info on Gonzales testimony: "CNN Correspondent Suzanne Malveaux said the administration's letter declared that NSA programs other than the wiretapping program acknowledged by Bush are classified and cannot be discussed.

'So what they’re saying is everything else is secret but what he was talking about specifically was the Terrorist Surveillance Program,' she said Tuesday.

A spokeswoman for Sen. Patrick Leahy, the committee chairman who also is expected to receive the administration's response, told RAW STORY early Tuesday afternoon that he had not seen the letter."

What other programs are they running behind our backs? I cannot even imagine with the technology that is available to the NSA. Spy satellites, house bugs, electronic records...

No comments: