"I don’t give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Google

Monday, July 23, 2007

Grits for Breakfast: If you don't have probable cause just fabricate it, say drug enforcers and some TX prosecutors

Grits for Breakfast: If you don't have probable cause just fabricate it, say drug enforcers and some TX prosecutors: "Speaking of informants, on the Texas prosecutors' user forum a self-identified DEA agent named Bill sought to justify a traffic stop where drugs were found using probable cause agents had overtly fabricated. They didn't want to admit in court they were acting an a possibly unreliable informant, so took the liberty of manufacturing probable cause for a traffic stop by stealing the front license plate from the car the suspect was driving."

Sounds eerily like a case that happened near here, in Troy, NY. What will the police not do to ensure an arrest? I guess Schenectady is not the only city that has jack-booted thugs, wearing uniforms that give them authority to destroy civil liberties. But, then again, we all knew that already. I have no doubt that my "violation" of the noise ordinance was manufactured to cover the cop's asses who beat and arrested me for no reason whatsoever.


No comments: