"I don’t give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Google

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Raw Story | White House defends 'health benefits' of climate change

The Raw Story | White House defends 'health benefits' of climate change: "Asked to detail what the benefits would be, Perino replied: 'Look, this is an issue where I'm sure lots of people would love to ridicule me when I say this. 'But it is true that many people die from cold-related deaths every winter. And there are studies that say that climate change in certain areas of the world would help those individuals,' she added. 'I'm not an expert.'"

Hey, it is kind of nice to be able to wear a T-shirt in Upstate New York during January, hang out on the front porch in February with a light sweatshirt on, like I did last winter, but the far-reaching consequences of global warming will not all be sunny warm days in the middle of winter. Try mosquitoes year-round carrying viruses, the migration of malaria and other tropical diseases to more northern regions, displacement of entire species of insects and animals. Let's not forget the possibility of mass extinctions, record
droughts, and the sea claiming our coastal cities.

No comments: