Wounded soldiers asked to return signing bonuses - The Carpetbagger Report: "Last week, the Pentagon sent him a bill: Fox owed the government nearly $3,000 of his signing bonus.
'I tried to do my best and serve my country. I was unfortunately hurt in the process. Now they’re telling me they want their money back,' Fox said.
Look, if a soldier signed a contract, collected a signing bonus, and then quit, I can understand the military asking for the signing bonus back.
But we’re talking about troops who volunteered, served, and were seriously injured. It’s not their fault they got hurt.
How on earth is the Pentagon justified in asking for a refund?
In Jordan Fox’s case, he doesn’t have $3,000 lying around to give the government, and his injuries are such that he had to give up on his goal of becoming a police officer."
Only the government would be capable of this... I think the only thing that is worse is when the military bills soldiers for items lost or cut off them when they are shot or bombed...
That's right, support the troops.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment