"I don’t give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Google

Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Raw Story | Honey, I doomed the universe

The Raw Story | Honey, I doomed the universe: "'Incredible as it seems, our detection of the dark energy may have reduced the life expectancy of the universe,' said Mr. Krauss.

'We may have snatched away the possibility of long-term survival for our universe and made it more likely it will decay.'"

Not only are the United States and the Earth on the verge of spontaneous destruction, but, as it turns out, the universe may be as well. Physics is an interesting realm of science, because the truth is, in reality, we still do not understand the basic underpinnings of our universe and our lives. Much of the study is based on theories, and if something is not understood, an imaginary thing, such as dark matter or dark energy, is invented to explain the inconsistencies in the theory.

No comments: