"I don’t give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Google

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Truthdig - Reports - War and Censorship at Wilton High

Truthdig - Reports - War and Censorship at Wilton High: "I asked the student actors about their opportunities to discuss the war at school. Jimmy Presson, 16 years old, said his U.S. history class has a weekly assignment to bring in a current-event news item, with one caveat: 'We are not allowed to talk about the war while discussing current events.'"

The only people the students may discuss the war with currently are the military recruiters that lurk at their school. To get around that, they made a play about the war, and it was shot down by the school administration. What happened to free speech and the idea that current events should be discussed in schools?

No comments: