"I don’t give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Google

Monday, September 17, 2007

Clinton to offer health care plan - Yahoo! News

Clinton to offer health care plan - Yahoo! News: "The centerpiece of Clinton's plan is the so-called 'individual mandate,' requiring everyone to have health insurance — just as most states require drivers to purchase auto insurance."

This is great on so many levels. First, requiring insurance by law is a HUGE gift to the corporations. Second, look how good the auto insurance industry made out with the laws requiring it. In NY, when i financed a vehicle, which requires full-coverage, I was paying 260 a month for the car, 280 for the insurance. Insurance is supposed to divide risk amongst a pool of people, but I was paying more for insurance than I was for the vehicle. I could just imagine the type of chaos that would be caused by that plan...

No comments: