"I don’t give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!"

Google

Friday, August 3, 2007

Anti-terror police lied to public after killing innocent man | Press Esc

Anti-terror police lied to public after killing innocent man | Press Esc: "British anti-terror police lied to the public after killing an innocent man Jean Charles de Menezes during a botched terror raid on 22 July 2005, the Independent Police Complaints Commission concluded today."

Somehow, I am surprised that it happened in Britain first. With our gung-ho, militarized police, I would have expected the incident would be from the states. Of course, our cops may just be better at covering it up... I am sure we will see more of these incidents from both sides of the pond.

No comments: